Pages

Sunday 21 January 2018

In Flanders Fields

Hello my name is Freedom and today I will be talking about a poem and i will be
rating the poem from 1 to 10.

Poem -(makes me feel very lucky to live in a beautiful, safe country like New Zealand.
It also makes me feel sad for those who died in the war and for their families. I think that we
are very lucky that they went to war and fought for our freedom)


I will be giving the poem a 5 out of 10 because for me I don't think this poem rhymes and
whats is a poem without rhyming,






1 comment:

  1. Hey Freedom,

    This is Jade C from the Summer Learning Journey team.

    First of all, I like how you have included a photo of the Flanders fields. The vibrant red stands out from the green field, it also reminds me of droplets of blood from the soldiers.

    The poem Flanders Fields makes me think of the days I've visited RSA. RSA was formed in New Zealand, 1916, after World War 1 to provide support and comfort for men and women who went to the war. Someone there recited this poem out loud and we all remembered those who died for our world and our country.

    I agree with your statement above that we are lucky to be living in a peaceful country and that's the reason why we need to thank those soldiers who lost their lives for peace and happiness. What do you think?

    All the best,
    Jade C.

    ReplyDelete